Lots of people have sent me mails over the holidays about how Teamspeak works now that the Minecraft Server has shut down. I will just post a bit of information on here about it so people can see it rather than mailing me!
Questions & Answers
1. "You have a teamspeak Server? What is that and why should I care?"
The teamspeak server is up and running - You can connect with ts.risemc.com - TS is basically like Skype but instead of adding individual people you join a server and don't have to add people individually. Its therefore safer to use with people you don't know personally. You have to download the appropriate TS3 client to connect to the server.
2. "I joined and I'm not a member, what do I do?"
If you are not a member on Teamspeak then you will not be able to do much once you connect. If you hang around in the Entry Channel for a while TS Staff will eventually notice you and ask you for your connection to the server. Just explain you came via Rise and its normally wont be a problem.
2.5 "I used to be [Insert Staff Rank] but Im not anymore WTF?"
Because we are not running a MC server anymore we no longer need as many staff as before. If you are not active or part of the community on TS you may have lost/may loose your rank in a reshuffle of ranks. Nothing personal just us trying to keep the list of active people up to date! This reshuffle may mean you lost your rank completely, if so just wait around till you get a rank in the entry channel.
3. "Can I bring my friend, Bob/Bobetta to the TS3 server?"
Sure as long as He/She is polite and generally doesnt cause problems
4. "Can I use it with my friends to play on my [insert game here] server"
Yes, just dont cause issues and its fine. You may need to contact our TS staff if you have many people coming online who need promoting. (Look for swords next to names)
5. "Why arn't there like 20 people online all the time on the TS3 server anymore?"
Because we dont run any official servers. People who pop on are normally our personal friends. some times of the day no one will be online, other times more. We keep the server up because its a useful forum for our friends to play any number of games. You make it what you want.
6. "I want to run an event or get in touch with people who want to play 'this or that', will you help me?"
Depends on what you want to do, how much work you are doing with it and what you need done. Most people on TS are up for testing out stuff or playing things. We on occasion play steam games together and host private servers. If you have an idea get something rolling and Ill see what I can do!
7. "The forums arn't being used any more how long will the website be up"
Originally we thought we would close it down over this holiday period but because of some interest in having a page to organise events I set it up for another 3 month period. After that we will have to reevaluate.
8. "Can I buy the RiseMc website and/or domain for 20 dollars, some string and a few old buttons because I want to start a server and having 10,000 people on a mailing list sounds like a great way to start advertising?"
No, stop asking. Im not selling the server network page to support some kid's weekend hobby. Also I don't accept string or buttons for payment.